Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sorry..........

I know I haven't been on in quite some time. I just couldn't find any mojo for card making, and then we had to start harvesting sugar beets.

Last Monday, 10/19/2009, was the beginning of "permanent piling" at all the dumping stations in Huron County. I was up bright and early making sandwiches for Dan and I. Dan would be spending all day out in the field, while I would only be there half a day, as I had to work at the hospital. I will be on vacation starting 10/20, and will be off til 11/02. That gives Dan two weeks to have me out in the field.

Monday was spent digging, Tuesday was part runs to Bad Axe and Sebewaing, and more digging. Wednesday was spent on the farm cleaning pens and getting machinery ready for Thursday. We did very well on Thursday, leaving the field at 10:30 that night with only 3 more hours of work left to finish before moving to the next field. Friday was rain and lots of it. I do believe most of the trees have lost their leaves due to the wind gusts and pouring rain. It was nice to be home and have a home cooked meal though, much better than sandwiches.

No comments: